Thursday, August 17, 2006

Flying Away...

I'm leaving tomorrow. My bags are packed, and I've got everything of importance that I need. Atleast all that I could pack into two bags. I'm not scared, apprehensive, excited, happy, sad or pensive. Sometimes I think I'm taking this so well. Or maybe I'm taking it too well, or not at all, who knows...

The last few days I've finished with all I had to do, and I've had time on my hands to think about everything...you know the usual- past, present and the future. And I guess nothing surprises me anymore. You dont need to be 60 years old with a world of responsibility to write about the fact that life's a bitch, you realise that within the first few years. The unitiated wait till they're old to realise that life has its ups and downs and that the sooner you know it, the easier it gets for you to adjust to it. But not me. 20 years are enough to know all I need to know. For all you optimists who know that every "bad" period gives way to the "happy" life eventually, you must know that the 'vice-versa' holds true too. So dont jump around with glee the first chance you get, cause you'll just fall harder when that time ends...and it will.

Dont make me out to be the pessimist. My point is that you need to take everything with a pinch of salt. If you look for the ray of sunshine in your bad day, make sure to look for that darkness too when you have a good time. Cause everything goes away eventually- Childhood, College, Parents, Children, Work...even Life. I guess the easiest way to enjoy life (atleast for me) is to sit back and watch everything pass me by like a really long train journey...you can make a few stops for refreshments at the good stations, but the carriage will rattle too much sometimes for you to handle, and ultimately it will always be time for you to move on.

Which is why I'm not scared, apprehensive, excited, happy, sad or pensive. I'm just waiting patiently...for the next station or the next jolt, depending on my luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo Bravo.......Wahh launde wahh......Nice one ,a very practical outlook jus like mine :D ...... Well my company finally did some good to you....:P Some of my enlightenment got rubbed on u too....:P